Q: I accidentally put diesel in my car and I want to know that it'll be salvageable

I put diesel in my car and drove a small distance before pulling over and getting my car towed. I would like to know if my car is going to be okay. They are looking at it tomorrow, but I'd like to know what is going to happen to smooth my nerves.

The fuel tank will have to be thoroughly drained and refilled with fresh gas. The Mechanic would possible try to purge the fuel rail once fresh gas is in the tank, however, it is possible that the remaining diesel fuel will be forced out through the fuel injectors just by operating the engine for a short while. That might be the extent of service needed. If the injectors though have gotten clogged as a consequence of the contamination, they would have to be removed from the vehicle, ultrasonically cleaned, and the internal filter basket replaced. The vehicle was not damaged by briefly running it but the bottom line is all of the contaminated fuel will have to be removed as thoroughly as possible. A certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic can come right to your location to accomplish this service if you desire. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.