Q: Humming noise

asked by on October 10, 2016

While driving from 35 mph and up, I hear a humming noise from what sounds to be the front under carriage.

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi, thanks for writing in. My personal experience with a humming noise while driving could be 2 things. You may need a front end alignment or wheel bearing. To check your wheel bearings you will need to jack up the front of the car, put it on jack stands for safety reasons, pull of the tire from the top and from the bottom to ensure there is no free play. Also, from side to side. If there is any free play at all replace them. Another the you are going to want to do is spin your tires. Again, if there is any noise at all, I suggest replacing them. Do this on both sides to ensure which side is making the noise. I hope this helps. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.