Q: How much would it cost to change my car into a manual?

I need as much detail as possible and what parts I need exactly to have a full change. Step by step instructions would be appreciated and also cost wise.

A: Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. ...

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. If you would like to change your vehicle from an automatic to a manual on a Honda Civic 2008, you would need the entire setup. You would need to get a clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder assembly, a clutch pedal, a manual transmission for the year of the vehicle, and all of the sensors. Keep in mind, your vehicle is setup with the computer system for automatic, so you would need a new engine management harness and would need to flash your computer to a manual transmission, unless the computer is already flashed to accept a manual transmission. At this time, I would not be able to give you a quote as we don’t currently do transmission overhauls. But there are many different types of parts and different manufacturers that produce these parts. A job like this would take a lot of work. I recommend consulting a transmission specialist for help with a job like this.