Q: How much would it cost to change my car into a manual?

I need as much detail as possible and what parts I need exactly to have a full change. Step by step instructions would be appreciated and also cost wise.

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. If you would like to change your vehicle from an automatic to a manual on a Honda Civic 2008, you would need the entire setup. You would need to get a clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder assembly, a clutch pedal, a manual transmission for the year of the vehicle, and all of the sensors. Keep in mind, your vehicle is setup with the computer system for automatic, so you would need a new engine management harness and would need to flash your computer to a manual transmission, unless the computer is already flashed to accept a manual transmission. At this time, I would not be able to give you a quote as we don’t currently do transmission overhauls. But there are many different types of parts and different manufacturers that produce these parts. A job like this would take a lot of work. I recommend consulting a transmission specialist for help with a job like this.