Q: How do I know my engine mount needs to be replaced

There is a noise coming from the engine compartment while shifting and making a complete stop. My engine moves up while shifting into gear but I'm not sure if it's my engine mount or another issue.

A: If your engine moves excessively and you he...

If your engine moves excessively and you hear a noise when accelerating or letting off the gas pedal, then you may have a broken mount. These types of noises could also come from other components in the suspension, steering, or brakes. Have the engine mounts (and other possible components) visually inspected to verify whether they are broken. If you would like to have this taken care of, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to diagnose the noise and replace the engine mount if needed.