Q: How do I install child seat using the LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children) system?

How do I install child seat using the LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children) system?

A: Installing a child seat with the LATCH syst...

Installing a child seat with the LATCH system doesn’t have to be daunting. It’s easy. Here’s what you need to do:

• Locate the lower anchor points in the back seat. You’ll find them at the junction point between the seats and the seat backs, and there should be four in your back seat.

• Double check that the anchor points are clear and nothing will obstruct the anchoring process.

• Install the car seat and use the manufacturer’s anchor system to connect with the anchor points in your car.

• Raise the head restraint above where the car seat is located and remove the cover on the final anchor point.

• Tether the car seat to the anchor point.

• Make sure the seat is secure.