Q: Driver side brake light won't work

asked by on September 10, 2016

The driver side brake light won't work the running light stays light no matter what setting the lights are on except when brakes are depressed I have replaced the bulb and looked for a blown fuse neither helped the top contact on the bulb plug registers 12 volts the bottom registers nothing brakes depressed or not any ideas

Brake Light Switch Replacement $90.34 - $168.55 Get a Quote

If the bottom plug does not register any voltage to it, then the socket is bad. If after replacing the socket, this still does not work, then this is likely a result of bad brake light switch. If you would like assistance with this, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office and inspect your malfunctioning brake light system.