Q: High idle upon startup

The car starts, but the RPMs are between 2000 and 3000 and don't come down.

From what you are describing, there can be a few different reasons as to why your Jeep is experiencing a very high idle. A faulty idle air control valve, a faulty throttle position sensor or even a dirty throttle body can duplicate the high idle that one experiences. To be 100% certain however, I suggest enlisting the assistance of a certified mechanic to inspect your Grand Cherokee in person. They will have the knowledge and tools needed to determine exactly why your Jeep is idling so high. They will also be able to assist in making the necessary repairs to get your Jeep idling and driving smooth again.