Q: Grinding in front right wheel

asked by on February 25, 2017

Wife was driving my truck in 4x4 didn't know it was in 4 high. Hears a big pop then ledt side stopped. Took it out of 4 back into 2 no trouble. Week later right side starts grinding and makes a hoovering sound while driving to now barely moving.

Hello, and thank you for writing in. When dealing with these issues there needs to be a general inspection done of the drive shaft, transfer case, differentials, and axles. Look for any obvious signs of damage, fluid leaking, or parts that look worn. You may need to raise the vehicle to be able to get a proper look. Your issue is likely a wornew drive shaft or axle. Only further inspection will tell. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.