Q: Popping/clicking when turning left and or right from a stopped or a slow moving position

Just put a 3.5 inch lift with new control arms on my sierra, it drove and rode perfectly fine prior but since that it has been popping when I turn the wheels from a stopped or slow moving position. during normal speeds, I feel no vibration or hear any rumble. I have noticed that on the back of the caliper there is signs of rubbing or hitting the lower control arm as well, I have no idea if that has anything to do with it or if that is a symptom from the tie rod issue? I have checked the wheels for left and right movement, there is a little. as well as I can turn/ rotate the rod itself from 10 to 2 o'clock position with my hand.

Hi there:

One of the common mistakes made when people add suspension lift kits onto a 4WD is they forget to add a steering stabilizer stop. Trucks and SUVs with larger aftermarket tires and wheels require the use of a steering stabilizer bar stop in order to protect the suspension from damage, help to reduce suspension travel, and produce a smoother and safer ride.

It might be a good idea to contact one of our local mechanics to diagnose the noise firsthand, inspect the tie rod’s for any damage, and perhaps replace them with an aftermarket product that matches your suspension kit.

• Popping/clicking when turning left and or right from a stopped or a slow moving position