Q: Hi. Ok my sisters vechicle just started to stall when put into any gear . When its in park it idles pretty good.

Hi. Ok my sisters vechicle just started to stall when put into any gear .when its in park it idles pretty good. I jacked the front tires off the ground when put into gear then it will only stall if holding brakes long enough . But from neautral to any gear it wont stall thats only when tires are jacked off ground

The stalling may be due to the intake manifold has a vacuum leak or the idle air control valve is defective and cannot compensate for the transmission load. Have the throttle body cleaned and idle air valve cleaned or replaced if it sticks. Have the computer tested to see if the system is clear of any codes. If idle is normal and transmission is binding then it would of stalled with wheels up. The problem is most likely in the idle control or variable intake control valves. Have the systems checked by a mechanic like one from YourMechanic.

• Hi. Ok my sisters vechicle just started to stall when put into any gear . When its in park it idles pretty good.