Q: Q: AC problems

I have a 2007 hyundai Santa Fe GLS. When the AC is on the drivers side blows hot air and the passenger side cold air. Both actuators are working driver side and passenger side. I watched them engage as I changed air flow and temp. Any ideas as to what I should look at next? Also, the rear ac button light will not come on and it blows hot as well.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Generally, whenever I have a car that comes in with your complaint it ends up being a low refrigerant charge. The reason why one side is hot and one is cold is because there is not enough liquid refrigerant to fill the evaporator (the part the air blows through to get cold). It will only fill up enough to cool half of the air. Depending on the ducts, half will go to one side of the car, and then the other half goes to the opposite side. Hence, one side is cold and one side is not. I would ask for help from one of the mechanics at YourMechanic. They should be able to get your AC recharged and working properly again.

3. Q: AC problems