Q: Hi, how can I check to see if blower motor relay or a fuse My heater won't come on and replace blower 1986 Buick

asked by on December 12, 2016

Hi, how can I check to see if blower motor relay or a fuse is bad. My heater won't come on and I replace blower & resistor too.

Hi there, there are actually several additional components to check for blower motor operation. First is fuses - easiest and least expensive to test. There is a blower motor relay, and also one or motor blower motor resistors, and a fusible link, any of which could cause the blower motor not to operate. All of these components (except the fuse) are mounted on the firewall close to the blower motor proper. Time to get out the voltmeter and do some checking. For assistance with this task, I would recommend an inspection of the blower motor wiring by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.