Q: Bought a used van, I did all the oil change at a fresh. Including the diff 2008 Ford Ranger Van

Loud noise when accelerating from around gear 1 into 2. Automatic transmission so kindly please assists me , what it where is this sound comming from? Is that a normal operation?

A: Hi there - no, this is not normal shifting ...

Hi there - no, this is not normal shifting behavior. If the noise you describe is coming from the transmission itself while shifting, I would suspect broken or damaged clutch packs or clutch bands in the transmission. Since you changed fluids after buying the van, I take it there wasn't excessive grit or metal in the fluid when you did the transmission fluid & filter change? Since this vehicle is new to you, I would recommend an inspection of the transmission by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.