Q: Hello my Mazda 5 2010 has been baby making a grinding sound when I turn on ac and the loudness of it has gotten increasingly worse

asked by on July 19, 2017

Grinding noise when the ac is turned on.

AC is not working Inspection $96.46 - $116.46 Get a Quote

Hi there. Typically when you hear a loud noise like you’ve described when you turn on the AC system, it’s caused by damage to the AC compressor. It could be due to the internal bearings wearing out, which would explain the grinding noise. When this occurs, typically the best thing to do to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete an AC inspection.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr