Q: Heater and ac both not working is there anything that could cause both to go out or is it 2 seperate issues?

The heater and ac both do not work and went out around the same time. My ac hasnt worked all summer and as the weather is now getting colder i have noticed the heat isnt working either. I know how to diagnose each on their own but before i dive in wanted to know if there was anything i am not thinking of that can cause both issues. The fan kicks on low to high the design makes it difficult to be able to tell if it is switching between cool to heat so that is the only thing im not 100% confident in but it does seem like its cooler air when on ac mode.

3. Heater and ac both not working is there anything that could cause both to go out or is it 2 seperate issues?