Q: Heater/AC blows a burning smell

The windshield wipers will not work. In addition, the heater/air conditioner blows a burning smell.

A: Hello. It sounds like you have a burnt out ...

Hello. It sounds like you have a burnt out wiper motor. Due to the motors location, when it fails, the smell from the motor enters the ventilation system in the car. I typically start by checking the power going to the motor and doing a resistance test of the motor. I would suspect that the wiper motor got hot and failed and may have melted the connection which will also need to be replaced. If you plan on having this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your wiper issue and diagnose your heater's burning smell. From there, they will be able to make the necessary repairs to resolve these troubles.