Q: Having issue with headlights and blinkers on my car

The headlights on my car stay on all the time. When I shut the car off, the lights do shut off. Also, the blinkers only work intermittently. What could this be from?

Hi there. If the blinker issue started at the same time as the headlight problem, then it is usually cause by a bad combination switch. This switch fails internally and causes this to occur. It can also be an issue with the fuse box, but that is not as common.

I typically start by testing the combination switch with a voltage meter to isolate the problem to the particular circuit. If you are going to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your headlight problem.