Q: Having issue with headlights and blinkers on my car

The headlights on my car stay on all the time. When I shut the car off, the lights do shut off. Also, the blinkers only work intermittently. What could this be from?

A: Hi there. If the blinker issue started at t...

Hi there. If the blinker issue started at the same time as the headlight problem, then it is usually cause by a bad combination switch. This switch fails internally and causes this to occur. It can also be an issue with the fuse box, but that is not as common.

I typically start by testing the combination switch with a voltage meter to isolate the problem to the particular circuit. If you are going to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your headlight problem.