MY 1998 ford escort coupe will not move in drive but will...

Q: MY 1998 ford escort coupe will not move in drive but will move in reverse and low. Put transmission fluid in it it still does not

my 1998 ford escort coupe will not move in drive but will move in reverse and in low. put transmission fluid in it and it still does not move in drive. Is it major transmission problem

Hi Patricia. Thanks for the additional information. An issue like this is often an indication of either an internal seal that is leaking inside the transmission, a damaged torque converter or a damaged shift solenoid. Sometimes it just a problem with debris stuck inside the transmission fluid lines. I think the best way to determine what is actually causing the problem is to have a professional mechanic complete an on-site inspection. This will allow them to diagnose this issue and recommend a repair solution.