Q: Having an overheating problem with my civic. Changed thermostat and other stuff but still overheating

My car is overheating after I take a long drive on the highway. Replaced the thermostat, thermoswitch, coolant temp sensor and flushed the coolant system. I noticed my coolant fans are coming on intermittently and the temp is 217 degrees before it does. Ran compression test on all four cylinders as well as a leaksown test and block test. All are within acceptable standard.

Hi there. Although this is just a guess, it’s possible that you might have an obstruction in the heater core of your 2004 Honda Civic. Here is a quick way to find out if this is true. When you car is warmed up, turn the heater on full blast (with the AC OFF) and see if you have hot air blowing. If not, this is your problem. If you have warm air coming out of the vents, then I would suspect that your radiator fan motor is the fault or cause of your problem. I would recommend having a professional mechanic come to your location to complete a car is running hotter than normal inspection to help you diagnose the problem first.

3. Having an overheating problem with my civic. Changed thermostat and other stuff but still overheating