Q: Fuel pump fuse blowing

I have a 2003 GMC Envoy 4WD. About two weeks ago, the car stalled while driving and the fuel pump became disconnected. That issue was fixed. Two days after that, the car completely died while at a stop sign. We got it towed and taken to a mechanic where they figured out the fuel pump fuse had blown. The car was ready to be picked up and when we picked it up, the fuse blew around thirty seconds after starting the car. The mechanic could not find any damage to any wiring or an underlying cause as to why it blew. They sent it back, and the car drove fine for about a day until attempting to start and the fuse blowing again. The fuse hasn’t blown when in drive, only when the car is stopped and usually in park. What could be the cause of the fuse continually blowing? Is it the fuel pump itself or some other issue?

One of the most common causes for fuses to blow consistently as a shorted wire. There is either a short to positive which means that one wire that has power is shorting with another wire that has power. You could also have a short to ground which means that exposed wire that has power is touching up against a metal part of the chassis. I would recommend having a thorough search of the wiring that connects to the fuel pump performed even if it takes an hour or two it would be worth it to make sure 100% that there is no wiring damage to the harness that connect to the fuel pump.

3. Fuel pump fuse blowing