Q: has bad idle it goes up and down with engine light flashing The engine light is off when it stops. Only after 20mins of driving

asked by on February 04, 2018

I start up my car it runs fine when engine is cold. After 20mins running the idle revs up and down while it does that the engine light comes on when ever this problem stops it turns off. It stalls/turns off when I put it in drive or while driving. I keep it in park it runs okay but sometimes shuts off still acts up for a little bit.

Often a flashing check engine light signifies misfiring. Inasmuch as the check engine light has illuminated, there are definitely stored trouble codes and if misfiring has occurred, those codes will reflect that. To obtain a diagnosis of the underlying problem, and the necessary repairs, the recommended service is a Check Engine Light diagnostic. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will get this diagnosed and resolved, right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.