Q: Gear not entering smoothly. 2000 Ford Galaxy

My ford galaxy auto transmission has a problem of not entering gear 1 to 2 smoothly. Pls what is the possible causes.

Hello - check the transmission fluid and quality first. Proper fluid level, and (relatively) pink fluid that is not dark or smell burned is desirable. Then check to see if any problem codes are set, whether the Check Engine light is on or not. Most auto parts stores will do this for you for free. Possible causes of harsh engagement and shifting into 1st or 2nd gear include low or dirty transmission fluid, clogged trans fluid filter, worn clutch packs, high internal fluid pressure to these 2 clutch packs, and stuck shift valves/solenoids for 1st and 2nd gear. I recommend a transmission inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.