Q: Ford Fusion 2012 - Throttle control/transmission light

asked by on November 23, 2016

I have a Ford Fusion 2012. yesterday the Throttle control/transmission light turned on and I felt the car power has a little problem, I mean I tried to put the accelerator to the maximum put the power it gave is less than usually, when I reached home I turned the car off the start it again and the light did not came on back.

Is there any problem in the situation or it might be a normal issue for some normal reason?

Thanks a lot in advance

Hi there. The ETC (electronic throttle control)/transmission) light coming on, put the vehicle in limp home mode. This would feel like the vehicle has lost power. The APP (accelerator pedal position) may be at fault. The ETC/throttle body may be at fault. The PCM (powertrain control module)/computer should have recognized the fault and stored a trouble code. Accessing the computer for codes may help identify the area to look. Replacing components without proper diagnoses, can be expensive and time consuming without resolution. I recommend having your vehicle’s ETC/transmission light on be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr