Q: Flywheel makes squealing when clutch is not pressed

When not pressing the clutch, the location of the flywheel makes a Squeaking noise. Then when I press and hold the clutch, the noise goes away. I wander why is it giving me this issue.

Hi Daniel. Thanks for writing in today to YourMechanic.com. Typically when you hear a whining or grinding noise while the clutch is not activated, it’s caused by one of three possible sources. First, it’s possible the flywheel has become unbalanced due to damage. Second, the clutch throw out bearing or pilot bearing is loose and is actively engaged slightly. Finally, and more likely, there is an issue with the clutch master cylinder. It’s possible that something entirely different is causing the noise you are describing, but it would take an onsite inspection to accurately diagnose this problem.

3. Flywheel makes squealing when clutch is not pressed