Q: Fast idle and won't restart after the engine is warm.

I have a high idle and after its hot it wont restart. After the first high idle issue I replaces the TPS and it was fine for a bout 20 miles. I get a 15 or a 51 code. I replace the coil about 2600 miles ago after i put tires on it when it would not restart for the mechanic per the his advice. this van ran a 2600 mile road trip for me and i love it but i need to take in on another but it is killing me. I have built most and repaired all y own cars but this ford in killing me.

Hi there. The code for your vehicle would be the code 15 that you are having trouble with. The code 15 states that there is an intermittent power cutoff. Measure voltage with a digital volt meter to pin 1 wire on the ECM (computer) connector. If there is a 12 volt reference, then check the pins 20, 40, and 60 for continuity to ground. If The resistance is less than 5 ohms, then the ECM has failed and needs replaced. If all the pins read a good resistance, then there is a loose ground either from the engine block to the frame or from the chassis to the frame. If you need further assistance with your vehicle not starting, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Fast idle and won't restart after the engine is warm.