Q: There's no milky residue on my oil cap or my dipstick but there's oil in my radiator I know I have a bad spark plug wire.

asked by on November 28, 2016

If I had a bad spark plug wire would that put oil in my radiator

Hi there. A bad spark plug wire would not allow engine oil into the cooling system. The possibility of a bad head gasket, could allow engine oil into the cooling system. Assuming the engine has not been overheated, electrolysis could have created a head gasket issue. Have not found any information indicating your engine was equipped with an oil cooler. The cooling system contamination should be properly diagnosed to avoid unnecessary repairs. I recommend having your vehicle’s bad spark plug wire and oil in the radiator be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.