Q: F150 2006 thermostat spikes to hot after i am in 4wd for about 30 miles.

F150 thermostat will spike to hot from neutral after using the 4wd in the snow for 20-40 miles. I will pull over and turn the truck off for a couple minutes, turn back on and it will be fine for another 20-40 miles. When the thermostat spikes to hot the warning reads reduced engine power but i can still reach max speeds. I do not have this problem ever when driving in 2wd. It is inconvenient having to pull over in bad conditions to deal with this issue.

3. F150 2006 thermostat spikes to hot after i am in 4wd for about 30 miles.