Q: Q: Car making rattling noise

My car makes a rattling noise everytime I go over a bump or turn a certain way.

Sounds like you might need new struts. Struts perform the same function as shock absorbers. When they go bad, a dull rattle sound can be heard when going over bumps or uneven roads. The repair usually entails replacement of the struts. There are other components that might also need replacement like the strut tower bushings. The mechanic will be able to see these once the old strut is removed and disassembled. This repair should be done by a qualified technician as it requires a spring compressor to remove the strut from the assembly.

3. Q: Car making rattling noise