Q: Exterior door handles stopped working on both sides

Hi, I'm having problems with the door handles on my car. I cannot open it from the outside. The outside passenger's door handle quit working first and then the same thing happened to the driver's side exterior door handle. Why did this happen? What should I do? Thanks.

Hello. If the handles are not working on the outside, then the handles themselves have failed, or more commonly the connections from the handles to the latches have broken clips or are broken. Most of the time, the little clips break and cause this. The door panels will need to be removed to inspect for this. If you plan on having this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your doors and make the correct repairs.