Q: The battery light on

asked by on December 03, 2016

had alternator checked , battery checked and starter from auto shop bringing home tomorrow they said we need to take it to a chrysler dealer to have the ecm checked, they believe that is the issue, suggestions, is this something you can check or do I need to go to a dealership

The computer controls the charging system on this vehicle. If you already had an automotive mechanic check the vehicle and they seen the problem is in the computer causing the charging system problem then another mechanic like one from YourMechanic may come up to the same conclusions. It is up to you to have another independent mechanic check the vehicle before a dealer would need to test with a factory scanner to determine the problem.