Q: Can i bypass the a/con a 94grand marquis ls with a shorter belt

I need 2 kno if i can bypass the a/c with a shorter belt

Hi Tim. While the bypass you are inquiring about is possible, it’s not recommended. Since we only offer OEM repairs and maintenance tips, we’re unable to provide you with instructions on how to complete this.

Your engine was not designed without an a/c compressor and you cannot put a shorter belt without a compressor bypass pulley installed. The bypass pulley kit replaces the compressor so a normal belt can be used. The problem is these kits are just as expensive as getting a new complete compressor and replacing it.

3. Can i bypass the a/con a 94grand marquis ls with a shorter belt