Q: What should I know about the cabin air filter?

What should I know about the cabin air filter?

Your engine has an air filter, and it serves to protect the engine of the car from damaging dust, pollen and debris. Your car’s Air Conditioning system also has a filter – called a cabin filter. It serves the same purpose as the engine air filter. It blocks dirt, dust, pollen and other debris from entering the air box where it might damage the blower motor or clog up your air vents.

Your car’s cabin filter can help alleviate allergies when riding or driving, and it also improves air quality, all while protecting the system from damage. However, it will eventually clog up and need to be replaced. Ford does not recommend replacing your cabin filter on your own, as it’s located behind the glove box and requires a lot of teardown to access. It should be replaced as part of your car’s normal scheduled maintenance services.

3. What should I know about the cabin air filter?