Q: Engine turns over but does not start

My xterra will not start the battery went dead on me is when it all started the anti theft immobilizer is keeping it from starting at least that is what the manual says . With the key in the on position the security icon stays lit .

Hi there. When the security icon shows up on the dashboard, a few common faults will cause the security light to remain on and the car not to start. The most common is a worn key, faulty key transponder, security module failure, or a wiring harness fault. Due to the fact that multiple issues can cause the anti-theft system to disable the ignition system, it’s a good idea to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to start inspection. This will allow them to determine whether the issue can be repaired by the mechanic or if the dealership will need to be involved.