Q: Engine light that will not go off after much work done.

My engine light has been on for over one year the garage I deal with has done numerous jobs that have all been very costly and now the engine light was flashing on and off. I get the impression that they do not want to work on the car anymore and want me to just get rid of it, with all the work I have put into it I feel as though it should be worth it to keep it. Currently it is in my garage needing to be towed to a garage since the engine light is now flashing. Please help what should I do?

The first thing to do is to have the check engine light scanned to retrieve codes for an indication of the cause of the flashing check engine light. The flashing is most likely due to a misfire in the engine. Without a thorough check for the reason of the misfire I would have to say it is a coil wire arcing or a fouled spark plug.