Q: Idrive and TPI malfunction.

My 2008 750LI BMW has an Idrive malfunction where the radio and Bluetooth won't work. I also have a TPI malfunction that needs fix

The IDrive freezes which means I can't use the radio properly or even CD player. At the same time I also have a TPI malfunction popping up in the screen. How much would I be looking at?

Hello. From what you describe it would appear that your vehicle is experiencing some sort of electrical issues. If the Idrive system is not working properly then it may be possible that the Idrive computer has failed, or possibly the monitor, as they are separate units. A malfunction warning on the dash indicates that the engine computer has detected a malfunction with that system which requires attention. If a message is displayed then retrieving the trouble codes with a scan tool will likely reveal some insight on what the issue may be. The cost of these repairs would vary depending on what the exact issue is. I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, visit your location to diagnose what is causing your electrical malfunctions.

3. Idrive and TPI malfunction.