Q: Engine howling.

I need a diagnostic. My engine howls and rumbles after I let off the gas.

Hello. If the engine seems to run fine under normal driving conditions and only makes this noise when you let off of the gas then this may not be an engine problem. Most of the time it is either a differential or transmission issue, or can just be a loose exhaust. I have seen some internal engine bearing failure cause this, but that is not as common. A mechanic would typically get the vehicle in the air and run it to see if they can pinpoint the location of the noise. I would get some assistance from a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, that has the experience to do this.

3. Engine howling.