Q: I notice my car shakes a little when i accelerate from a full stop.

Whenever I'm stopped and I accelerate even a little, I notice a very subtle shaking/shudder in my car. What could it be and is it dangerous?

A: Hello. If the shudder only occurs slightly ...

Hello. If the shudder only occurs slightly under acceleration then it typically is not a dangerous problem. Most of the time it is caused by a bad engine mount or an issue with a failing cv axle. If one of the mounts or if one of the axle joints are worn then this will occur. I usually put the vehicle in the air and check these parts for looseness and wear. If you are looking to have this shaking issue fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.