Q: Engine clicking once and not turning over

The engine in my pickup won't turn over. When the key is turned, it clicks one time.

A: Hello, it sounds like you have a weak batte...

Hello, it sounds like you have a weak battery. I would start by checking the base engine and seeing if the crank turns with a ratchet and socket. If the engine rotates, the the power to the starter motor should be checked. There are two wires at the starter motor, a larger wire from the battery, and a smaller wire that comes from the ignition switch. If power is present at the smaller wire in the crank position, the most likely failed part is the starter motor. You may need the aid of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to perform electrical testing of the starter.