Q: Electrical issues when trying to start the engine.

I have had no problems with this car since getting it about a year ago, today I was leaving work and the car didn't start on the first turn (did nothing at all) I turned it back and turned it again and started without a problem, parked the car and turned it off to get gas and went to turn it over again and nothing...this time i had someone come and attempt to jump the car after about 15 minutes of trying to figure out the problem, it took us 45 minutes of adjusting the spark cables and checking fuses until we got it to finally turn over so I could get the car home. On the in dash screen it was saying charging system failed, now it's saying theft system disabled starting. I have had new speakers installed in the car (2 months prior) and there has been corrosion problems with the batteries (2nd this year) could it be a short from the speakers? So many issues at the same time I have no idea where to start

Hi there. The corrosion on the wiring will cause an extra load on the battery causing the battery to drain fast and force the alternator to work harder. Depending on the speaker system that you have, the alternator may not be suitable for the system. I recommend installing an alternator with a higher amp rating. If you need further assistance with your vehicle not starting, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.