Q: Driving issues

Hi, how are you? I was driving and my bmw just stopped in the middle of the road out of the blue.

Hello.There are many reasons why this can happen, but only a few common causes. Most of the time if the vehicle just shut right off like the ignition was turned off it is because the electronic ignition is failing, the crank position sensor has failed, or there is a fuel system issue. These are all common. I usually install a computer scan tool to check the computer for codes and to check the sensor signals. That will turn up the problem. If it doesn’t then there may be other issues with the electrical like a fuse box failure or a relay problem. Further testing would need to be done to verify this. If you are planning on having this stalling problem checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.

3. Driving issues