Q: Driver's side window not going down even though motor works.

Driver's side window does not go down. I can hear the motor going, but the window does not work.

A: The noise that you are hearing is in fact t...

The noise that you are hearing is in fact the motor working. However, the connection between the motor and your window has failed. The likely culprit is the window regulator. A series of cables and pulleys moves your window up and down as your window motor turns. Generally, the pulleys are made of plastic and over time will get brittle and break. This leaves the cables loose and unable to move the window. I would enlist the help of an automotive technician to replace the faulty window regulator and your window will be going up and down again.