Q: engine has been overheating.

I noticed it was leaking from head gasket so i think that may need to be replaced, and probably the thermostat too. Originally i was told the water pump so i bought a new water pump and timing belt to replace at some point. But in the meantime, I put radiator sealant to stop the leak and see if it stops the overheating but the engine is still overheating. And also it is blowing out cold air only when the heat is on. So i don't want to invest anymore money than i have to, so wanted to get another opinion

If you suspect a head gasket leak, the only way to confirm that is an on-site diagnostic. If you want to rule the head(s) in or out as the site of a cooling system leak, the recommended service is an engine cooling system leak diagnostic. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. There can be multiple causes of engine overheating but you need not get into that level of detail at this point if it were initially found that you have a head gasket leak because that leak would have to be repaired first. As far as the no heat in the cabin condition that could be caused by a plugged heater core, a faulty heater control valve as well as low coolant level or trapped air, the latter a possible consequence of coolant boiling during episodes of overheating. Whatever the underlying fault is insofar as the leak and the overheating, if you request a diagnostic, the Mechanic will both identify the problem and set out a repair strategy for you and estimate the cost. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. engine has been overheating.