Q: Does my car have two belts? One for the ac pump that can be eliminated?

Does my car have two belts? One for the ac pump that can be eliminated? My ac pump is bad and can't afford to fix it

Hello. Thank you for writing in. When it comes to bypassing a belt pulley, the system is designed to utilize that pulley in order to work correctly. Despite how many belts you have, that pulley must be compensated for. The best and cheaper option would be to install a bypass pulley. Essentially this is a free spinning pulley that is installed in the compressor pulley’s place. This would allow the belts to function normally without the risks that come with eliminating the compressor all together. It can be done, but would very likely cost more in the long run. Definitely use a bypass pulley in this situation.

3. Does my car have two belts? One for the ac pump that can be eliminated?