Q: My car does not pick up properly in first gear

My car does not pick up properly when I release the clutch.gear shiftinting is good & engine works properly.I replaced the clutch plate and the pressure plate(clutch cover).but the problem still remains.what can I do for this?

You may need to have the fuel pressure checked and the fuel filter replaced if it is clogged because this will cause low power. Have the computer tested for codes to see if there is a loss of power from a misfire. The plug wires should be checked to see if oil is leaking into the spark plugs from a leaking valve cover. If so clean out oil, replace the valve cover gasket and spark plug tube seals. Then replace the spark plug wires and clean out the spark plug holes of oil.

3. My car does not pick up properly in first gear