Q: Looking to buy a 08 Ford F150 with seized plugs

I'm looking to buy a used truck. I found an 08 Ford F-150 with 106k for $13k. Currently it is a Ford dealership getting 2 seized plugs fixed and one of the lines to the transmission was leaking. They are fixing it before I decide to buy it. Should I be worried about it or relieved that it's getting fixed now.

A: I would make sure that the vehicle had the ...

I would make sure that the vehicle had the new inserts put into the plug holes or the new plug may blow out. Have the car dealer show you the work that was done to see if new inserts were put in with the new plugs. These engines are known to spit out spark plugs due to only having 4 threads to hold the plug in the heads. The aluminum can come off with the plug and will not hold the new plug in its hole properly. If this happens it will spit out the plug in the future. Getting new inserts installed will fix the problem from happening again.

If you'd like a second opinion on this, consider contacting YourMechanic, as a certified technician can perform a pre-purchase inspection of the vehicle before you buy it to give you a greater scope of the car's condition. Good luck.