Exception in rendering!

Message: window is not defined

ReferenceError: window is not defined
    at new c (/tmp/execjs20161208-33384-j2v4nqjs:136:3912)
    at m.mountComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-33384-j2v4nqjs:47:15602)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-33384-j2v4nqjs:49:31860
    at a.r.perform (/tmp/execjs20161208-33384-j2v4nqjs:47:12503)
    at Object.a [as renderToString] (/tmp/execjs20161208-33384-j2v4nqjs:49:31821)
    at r (/tmp/execjs20161208-33384-j2v4nqjs:50:21164)
    at Object.S.ReactOnRails.serverRenderReactComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-33384-j2v4nqjs:32:6073)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-33384-j2v4nqjs:173:8), <anonymous>:10:23)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-33384-j2v4nqjs:173:8), <anonymous>:17:3)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-33384-j2v4nqjs:173:8

Q: Delay before the throttle fully closes while letting off gas on a 2013 Mini Cooper

My daily drive is a 2013 Mini Cooper with manual transmission. It has always felt like there are a few seconds delay before the throttle fully closes while letting off the gas. Is that normal?

A: That is relatively normal on a Mini and I&#...

That is relatively normal on a Mini and I'll tell you why - because they are electronic throttle devices. You are driving a drive-by wire. There is no connection between your foot and the throttle. You are stepping on a computer mouse and that sends the impulse to the computer. Then the computer sees how far you stepped on the computer mouse (the pedal) and that sends so much electricity to the stepper motor in the throttle.

There's a little motor in the throttle that opens the throttle plate by turning the electric motor. They often have a little bit of lag on those. Many of my customers have them like that. As long as it runs okay, that's relatively normal. If it really bothers you, you can take it to the dealer and have them check the throttle information on their computer. Sometimes they have updated software that can stop problems like that. You can also have a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your home or office to diagnose your car's hesitating acceleration.