Q: Dashboard screen is out

My dashboard display screen is out. I tried restarting it by taking the fuse out, but that didn't work.

Hi. Early MyFord Touch and Ford Sync infotainment systems have a lot of problems. If your screen is completely blank and not just frozen, I don’t think the reset will help. There is a technical service bulletin regarding the problem you are having. The TSB is 12-3-11 and it states reprograming the IPC module may fix the problem. This can only be accomplished by using a scan tool with OEM Ford capabilities. I have also read that in some cases, the module has to be replaced. However, I would try reprogramming it first. A trained mechanic with the correct diagnostic equipment will be able to complete this task for you.

3. Dashboard screen is out