Q: Dashboard lights come on while driving and all my gages go down to 0, then I hear ticking noise inside the dashboard.

then everything goes back to normal this might happen abou twice a week

A: Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. ...

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. The fact that the indicator lights are operational proves that the instrument cluster panel is properly grounded. With the key in the "On" position, take a test light and check the feed wire at back of each gauge.

You should have 12 volts at all gauges. If not, check for any blown fuses. If the fuses are good, then check all of the ground wires to the cluster panel for any loose or burnt ground wires.

The clicking noise is either a short to ground or a short in the wiring system making the turn signal flasher click or making the A/C blend doors max out rotation and click the gears as they skip. Find the source of the clicking sound and then fix what was clicking. If you need further assistance troubleshooting this, then seek out a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, that can to help diagnose the noise inside the dashboard, and follow through with repairs.