Q: Can I change my V8 to a V6 in my 2000 Mercury Moutaineer

Can I take a v6 out of a 96 explorer and put in a 00 mountaineer with a blown v8? If so what else would I have to change with it?

Hello. This is something that is possible but it is not typically cost effective. The engine will fit in place but you will need to change over the transmission and all of the electrical and the computers. Once that is done then the computers will need to be professionally reprogrammed to be able to work. This all can be done, but you cannot simply just swap the engine over.