Q: Coolant flush before winter?

So I just bought my truck and everything functions great. I bought one of the coolant testers that sucks up the coolant out of your radiator and will tell you what temperatures it will protect to. It said I was good up to -34 degrees Fahrenheit, so that part was good. But there is no coolant in the reservoir, however the radiator is filled to the top. Also, the coolant is a brownish color with a few dark brown particles flowing around in the sample I took. So my question is should I just add some new coolant to the reservoir, or should I do a complete flush and add all new coolant? And is it necessary that I fill up my reservoir since the radiator is full?

A: I would recommend flushing the coolant and ...

I would recommend flushing the coolant and adding new since you just bought the truck and may not know the history of the maintenance prior. The reservoir is connected to the radiator and simply allows the coolant to flow back and forth between the two as it heats and cools.